- music production
- graphic design
- soundtracks / tv / film
- kenny schick
Americana, Gothic, Jazz, Voix de Ville, Chamber, Folk, Ghost Stories
Artemesiablack's style is gothic ghost stories steeped in a seductive blend of Americana, voix de ville, singer songwriter, jazz, and chamber music. Artemesiablack bring together seasoned musicians, buttery vocal harmonies, some rather wicked widdlywhooing, romantic notions, and a 'sensitive' that writes songs and stories about the dearly departed. The songs are sincere, quirky, funny and as diverse as the ghostly characters they catch in their musical web.
Apart from singing, I do love to tell a good tale... but tales that are true... they come to me you know... the girls... to tell me the stories of their, not so extraordinary life, but rather what happened at the end... for you see, someone has to know... it needs to be told... so they can finally rest in peace, although some really don't want to rest at all... and chose to live through me... it gets rather crowded sometimes...
There is Irma Fox a1900s, not so humble stage diva, adored yes, but not by everyone. Emily - quaint and meaning to be sweet, and loves a good tea party - best she not fall in love with you - poor Edward. Lilly Diamond - a wharf whore, for there is no better word, who's dreams of leaving her fishy life came true but not in the way she'd hoped. Poor southern Francis Rae and indeed her poor fiance, he really didn't mean to... but war does strange things to a young lad.
Sabiné Heusler-Schick: songwriter, voice, guitar, ukulele, banjo uke, percussion, story teller.
Kenny Schick: orchestration, recording, producer, voice, guitars, saxophone, flute, banjo, percussion.
- "What a wonderful album! We've enjoyed listening to it numerous times already... lots to love about it!"
- "And the Grammy goes to.....! Sweet, Tragic and hauntingly awesome. Sabine's perfect song"
- "Some of the best singer/songwriter style accoustic sets I've ever heard."
- "I want to thank you for reminding me how important music is to me and how powerful it is ..."
- "It was cool how you made a performance based mostly on death songs not just dark but also funny." The songs, the musicianship and the atmosphere were fantastic.
- "Long Live Irma Fox!! Brava!
- You guys we're absolute amazing! My family is still talking about it.. When's your next show?!" "Thank you so much Sabiné!
- "my dear what a performer you are! Totally enjoyable evening! On top of your fabulous song writing and that gorgeous, rich voice, I was so impressed by your stage presence!"
- "its the kind of music I can just listen to endlessly, over and over and not tire of it"
- "You guys are awe inspiring. Everything was so great! I'm thinkin' the new Artemesia Black CD is gonna be in the player for a long while!!!"
- "Gosh, listening to the new CD for the 3rd time this morning...so very wonderful! I had such a wonderful time watching you (all) perform last night(!) The production on the new cd is epic"
"Somebody That I Used To Know' - (Gotye Cover) - See other videos at ARTEMESIABLACK
LISTEN TO MUSIC & BUY CDS
UP AND COMING SHOWS & GIGS
Friday May 25 @ Red Rock - Mountain View with Kenny Schick @ 8pm
Sunday 7 July @ Neck of the Woods - San Francisco - FREE - feature artist @ 7pm
CURRENTLY IN THE STUDIO WORKING ON A NEW ALBUM FOR RELEASE IN 2013